The Kodak Scanza is is an excellent film and 35mm scanning device, very easy to set up. The only additional thing you need is an SD card to store the images to.
For 35mm there are two mounts, one for thin or cardboard mounts, the other for thicker plastic mounts such as Agfa used to use. The nature of the Kodak Scanza makes it very easy to use as the slides are simply pushed through in succession. A little care is needed to ensure the full frame is central then scan to SD… as easy as that. And scanning from film negatives is just as easy.
The scanned appearance is very good, particularly for older slides and film. A little cropping in Photoshop or similar would help to clean up the edges of the scanned image as the slide mount or film edge is just in view in some cases, but that is a minor complaint. Slides can be quickly pushed slides through the scanner, you just have to wait until each image is processed before proceeding on to the next slide or film image. You can also use the included brush to clean the light box of dust and speckles to avoid marks on the scanned images.
Kodak Scanza Features:
– Large 3.5” LCD Screen: helps you operate the scanner, view slideshows and edit images with handy tilt and adjustable brightness features.
– 14 Megapixel Sensor: captures images in stunning HD clarity.
– Integrated Interpolation: optional setting enhances images up to 22 megapixels.
– 3 Numbered Slide Inserts: easily adapt to your old films for safe, convenient loading.
– 3 Numbered Adapter Trays: hold the inserts and click into the unit for speedy scanning.
– Home Button: lets you navigate back to the interface’s main page.
– Capture Button: saves the current image or returns to the capture view screen.
– 3 Function Keys: correspond with various prompts on the screen for effortless interface navigation.
About the Kodak Scanza:
- FILM TO JPEG IN SECONDS – Powerful 14/22MP KODAK Film Scanner Converts Old 35mm, 126, 110, Super 8 & 8mm Negatives & Slides to JPEG Digital Files – NOTE; THE SCANZA WILL NOT CONVERT FILMS OTHER THEN 35mm, 126, 110, Super 8 & 8mm Negatives
- LARGE, BRIGHT 3.5” TFT LCD – High Definition Built-In Color Display Features Adjustable Brightness & Convenient Tilt for Easy Operation & Image Viewing
- AN ADAPTER FOR EVERYTHING – Unit Arrives w/Multiple Film Inserts & Adapters for Fast, Flexible Operation; Big One-Touch Buttons Allow for One-Step Scan & Save
- INTUITIVE USER INTERFACE – Includes Helpful Tray & Insert Directory; Easily Edit Image RGB & Resolution, Browse Gallery [SD Card NOT Included, supports up to 128GB] & More
- CABLES & EXTRAS INCLUDED – Mac & PC Compatible Converter Comes w/USB Power Cable, HDMI Cable, AC Adapter, Video Cable & FREE Film Cleaning Brush.
The price for the Kodak Scanza can vary depending on promotions and sales, so please click on the link below to see the current Amazon price: